Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hello.

Well my name is Britney and I am a freshman at Biola University. I had a blog before but I didn't really use it and now sitting in my first journalism class I kind of regret it. One of our tasks is to start a blog for our class and write in our blog each class day. So if you want to be a journalist, blogging is a way that you can express yourself and just learn how to write something that will interest readers. I highly recommend any aspiring journalist to start a blog just because you can write about whatever you'd like and you increase your skills by just doing it and getting practice. And you will feel much more confident in starting a blog in your first journalism class than I do because I have no clue what to write.
It isn't that hard actually, you just write whatever you are thinking. If you aren't thinking anything and your mind is blank than just write that. I am really enjoying my journalism class so far. I've only been to two classes so far but just being there twice I can see how great of an impact it will make on my life and how much it will help me to grow, not only as a journalist but also as a person. And Biola is a Christian university so I know that and can already feel that God has great plans for my life and journey here at Biola.
So on my first day of school, professor Longinow was my favorite teacher already. He encouraged us and told us that being different is a good thing. I had really felt like an outsider coming to a new school, not knowing anyone whatsoever, but I bet everyone feels that way on their first day of college, but just hearing his words made me feel like I belong here. He said that we should embrace our differences, our backgrounds, and our history. Those are the things which will help us relate to any person and tell good stories and become a great journalist. So for all of you who feel or have felt different than everyone around you, I know how you feel. Embrace who you are and where you come from because your story can impact a life and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment