Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Latino Heritage Month

For our assignment due on October 17th we have to write an article on current events. I am going to write about Latino Heritage month. I would like to write about this because I am a Latina here at Biola University and I would like to write a story showing the perspective of the Latino community. The Latino Heritage month events focus on the Hispanic community and helps integrate and make Hispanic students feel more at home on campus. I think that we as a community should be united always, not just on this month, but it is a nice way of emphasizing that we do have a community that is diverse and full of different backgrounds, histories, elasticities, races and most importantly stories. But here at Biola we are all united by the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment